Saturday, June 21, 2008

Afraid



And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” (Genesis 3:10)

But Sarah denied it, saying, “I did not laugh,” for she was afraid. He said, “No, but you did laugh.” (Genesis 18:15)

And he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. (Exodus 3:6)

I saw a dream that made me afraid. As I lay in bed the fancies and the visions of my head alarmed me. (Daniel 4:5)

And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. (Matthew 8:26)

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:3)

Why am I afraid? What is it that causes fear?
My youngest daughter is proud that she is braver than her sister, but she still fears.
"I don't want to die daddy, I don't want to die!"

Why am I afraid?
There is much to be afraid of...I suppose.
Death...
Deceit...
God's wrath...
Thoughts in our heads...
Nature...
Being led astray...
Losing one whom you loved...
Why am I afraid?

Psalm 27:1; John 6:20

No comments: