Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bullet Proof Vest


I was told to wear one of these bulletproof vests by a Police officer that helps out at the church. He gave me a large...I need a medium.
I guess there is reason for concern. I have been punched on the basketball courts and there was that time one of the gang members in the area pointed his gun at me. Oh the memories...but I still question if I should wear the thing. I beleive I was in more danger hunting with my buddies during High School than on the streets in Clevelenad.
Maybe I have a David complex (1 Samuel 17). I will fight the "Goliaths" with a staff, 5 smooth stones and a slingshot. Or maybe I am unaware of the danger...Either way I ask for protection while the stones of God's Word is tossed in the direction of sin, flesh and the devil.
May the Lord protect us as we trust in Him. When we are not wearing any body armor may He be our fortress and shield as we fight on the front lines for the purpose of eternity that Christ has won for us.

1 Samuel 17:38-40
Then Saul clothed David with his armor. He put a helmet of bronze on his head and clothed him with a coat of mail, 39 and David strapped his sword over his armor. And he tried in vain to go, for he had not tested them. Then David said to Saul, “I cannot go with these, for I have not tested them.” So David put them off. 40 Then he took his staff in his hand and chose five smooth stones from the brook and put them in his shepherd’s pouch. His sling was in his hand, and he approached the Philistine.

No comments: