Sunday, June 10, 2007

You can take the Boy out of the Hood...


But You can't take the Hood out of the Boy.

I found this to be true this past friday. I took 4 boys to the suburbs on Friday to a carnival that Shanna was putting on at her church in Chagrin Falls. Chargin is known as one of the richest areas in Ohio. I told the boys this was a rare chance that they would get to see an outside part of Cleveland that they never had seen before. Then I stressed,
"You better be on your best behavior." I also brought the boys so that they could help run a few games at the carnival. As it turned out the weather was bad and their behavior changed with the weather. Somehow fists began flying between the boys because of some flowery words used toward one another. The two boys were broken up and one was taken to the side by me. After I talked with him he had developed in his head that he was going to blow up our church and kill everyone in it.
An hour later the two boys were best friends once again.
So far the church has not been blown up.

No comments: