Friday, June 22, 2007

LCMS 63rd Convention orientation


Tonight I just sat through a meeting briefly going over some resolutions that our Synod will be debating over in the middle of July. While sitting and listening to each resolution I was impressed with how our church body is wrestling with the tough issues. Serving in the city I often feel like the church in the city is forgotten and unimportant. But I have changed my mind.
Many of the resolutions dealing with many different issues all seem to affect what will be happening at 2062 East 30th, Cleveland. For example, there is a resolution to decide how we deal with training laymen who desire to be pastors in places where no one else wants to go like the city or a rural church of about 10 worshippers. I just so happen to be training a guy at this moment who desires to be a pastor in the city...He is not Lutheran as of now, but it is very possible that after I am done with him he will be a confessing lutheran. What is also impressive is that I may be able to refer this guy and other guys like him to pursue the ministry as this resolution prescribes. (That is if the resolution passes. There will be many from both sides of the Lutheran political realm that will be against such a move.) Either way, I was impressed that our church body is making a viable effort to put into practice what we believe and teach according to the Confessions.
My prayer is that the decisions at 63rd Convention will be God pleasing and a great blessing to the congregations that Synod serves.

No comments: