Saturday, November 25, 2006

Last Sunday of the Church Year


HAPPY NEW YEAR...Not many people know, but the new year for the church usually starts around the beginning of December. This Sunday is the Last Sunday of the Church Year. The following Sunday is the 1st Sunday of Advent. We begin the "New Year" of the church by remembering the story of the promised Messiah. Many call it the story of Christmas. The church callS it the season of Advent. It is the advent of the coming of our Lord.
Either way, it is something new, something exciting. Exciting, for it is this time of advent, this celebration of Jesus' birth that tells my story. The story of my salvation through the babe lying in a manger. Maybe this week I will start my New Year Resolution a little early as a response to the Story of the Messiah who came for me! What a New Year celebration!
Have a blessed Advent Season!

No comments: